Man swallows his Nokia phone, goes through 2-hour surgery after suffering pain

A man from Kosovo in southeastern Europe swallowed a whole cellphone, but had his life saved after undergoing a surgery.

The man (name withheld) swallowed a Nokia 3310 cellphone, as per Ekspres via Newsweek last Saturday, Sept. 4. He did not visit a doctor until four days later due to the pain caused by the device in his body.

It was not clear how or why he swallowed the phone.

The phone was removed after a two-hour-long surgery at a hospital in Pristina, Kosovo. Medical staff managed to retrieve it in three separate parts.

Skender Teljaku, the doctor who led the surgery, admitted that he was worried that the cellphone’s battery might explode and release toxic chemicals i…

Keep on reading: Man swallows his Nokia phone, goes through 2-hour surgery after suffering pain

Inquirer.net

Inquirer.net, the first news and information website in the Philippines, provides the most comprehensive and up-to-the-minute coverage of both local and international news.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.