MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health on Monday reminded the public not to use generators inside their houses as this may lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire issued the reminder following reports that families in Bicol Region used their generators inside their homes which led to the demise of some family members.
“Noong nagkaroon ng bagyo at mayroon mga pamilya dito Region V na naglagay ng generator sets sa loob ng kanilang bahay,” she said in an online media forum.
“This has affected the family kung saan nagkaroon din ng namatay na miyembro ng pamilya,” she added.
She reminded the public to situate their power generators…
Keep on reading: DOH: Don’t use generators inside house