IF it weren’t for a pandemic-caused postponement, the French Open would have been in Week 2 now, and Rafael Nadal might still have been in contention for a 20th Grand Slam title. Instead, he’s home in Spain, practicing lightly—and wondering along with everyone else in tennis whether the next Grand Slam tournament, the US Open, will be held.
And if it is, would he play?
“If you [ask] me today, today I will say, ‘No,’” Nadal said with a shake of his head during a videoconference call with The Associated Press and other wire services Thursday.
“In a couple of months? I don’t know. Hopefully, ‘Yes,’” he continued. “But we need to wait probably until we have more clear information about how the virus evolves and how the situation is going to be in New York in a couple of months. Because, of course, New York has been one of
Read More: https://businessmirror.com.ph/2020/06/06/nadal-reluctant-on-u-s-open-campaign/
Photo Credit: BusinessMirror