Portugal ready to welcome back tourists, says government

in News

Published May 22, 2020, 11:27 PM

By Reuters

Portugal’s doors are open to tourists, the country’s Foreign Minister Augusto Santos Silva said on Friday, one of the first European countries to welcome back visitors from elsewhere in the continent.

“Tourists are welcome in Portugal,” Santos Silva told newspaper Observador, explaining that some health checks will be introduced at airports but there will be no compulsory quarantine for those flying in.

Portugal, which has so far recorded 30,200 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 1,289 deaths, is slowly easing restrictions in place since it locked down in mid-March.

It has been less affected than its neighbour Spain or Italy, which both plan to reopen next month.

Many shops and restaurants in Portugal have already reopened under strict restrictions as part

Read More Portugal ready to welcome back tourists, says government

Photo Credit: Manila Bulletin

The Manila Bulletin continues to flourish in the last 118 years with its partnerships with governments, businesses, shareholders, and varied stakeholders. It is the second oldest newspaper published in the Philippines and the second oldest English newspaper in the Far East.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*