Celebrities stranded in airports due to flight cancellations caused by Taal Volcano eruption
This was the scene at Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport as passengers wait for their cancelled flights. (Reuters)

SHOWBIZ: Celebrities stranded in airports due to flight cancellations caused by Taal Volcano eruption

in Entertainment/Tabloid PH Showbiz

According to reports, many celebrities were stranded in airports due to the cancellation of flights brought about by the eruption of Taal Volcano last Sunday (January 12).

Raymond Gutierrez and Sarah Lahbati, for instance, were already at the Hong Kong International Airport last Sunday when they were informed that flights to and from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) had been canceled.

The couple, who are now having their pre-wedding celebrations with friends and families, went back to the airport the following day and were again told that flights to Manila are still not allowed, as Taal Volcano remains on Alert Level 4, meaning an explosive eruption can happen within hours.

Singers Pilita Corrales, Jay-R and Claire dela Fuente, meanwhile, were supposed to board a plane to Manila from Cebu City when the announcement of the flight cancellations were made.

Reports said they will just take a ferry to Manila instead.

Actress Ruffa Mae Quinto narrated in her Instagram post that she and her family were also stranded in Hong Kong. They waited for several hours at the airport hoping things would normalize. “Kaya ako , simple na lang , ang important safe kaming family , kahit anong pag daanan,” she said. “[B]asta niyakap ko Anak ko … sabi ko basta kasama ko sya [at] healthy kami.”

Meanwhile, members of the Korean girl group Cherry Bullet were stranded at the NAIA. They were supposed to fly back to their country when authorities decided to cancel the flights.

A statement of the group’s handler FNC said: “We attended the 24th Asian Television Awards in Manila, Philippines on January 11 and 12, and a volcano erupted near Manila. The members and staff are safely staying at a hotel and watching the situation. They were scheduled to return to Korea on January 13, but due to the closure of the airport, they will return as soon as the situation is normalized. We sincerely hope that there will be no damage to local residents and fans. We will do our best to make sure that Cherry Bullet returns home safely.”

Tags:

Headquartered in the Philippines and New York for serving the needs of our readers throughout the country and around the world, Tabloid PH is an independently owned and operated business founded with the key vision of offering our readers more. Every day, our team of journalists, investigative reporters, and internet specialists sort through the daily news to find the information that is relevant to our readers and subscribers lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

Latest from Entertainment

Go to Top