The Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday said it was already able to source 80 percent of N95 facemasks needed for all the residents of Batangas and Cavite, who were evacuated due to eruption of Taal Volcano.
In an interview, Health Assistant Secretary Maria Francia Laxamana said they were able to source out 325,000 N95 facemasks for the said evacuees.
“We could now start the distribution to the evacuees,” Laxmana said.
She said 125,000 of said facemasks were sent by their regional offices, while the remaining 200,000 came from DOH’s emergency purchase.
DOH had earlier estimated that it would need at least 400,000 N95 face masks for the evacuees in the two provinces to protect them from the harmful effects
Read More: https://businessmirror.com.ph/2020/01/14/doh-has-325000-n95-masks-for-taal-evacuees/
Photo Credit: BusinessMirror