Five guests at a wedding in China died after consuming homemade wine that the father of the groom brought to the occasion held last week.
Fourteen other guests fell ill from the wine and were rushed to a hospital; it was reported that they were not in a life-threatening condition.
The wedding at Manpan village in Menghai County, Yunnan, served wine made by a villager identified with the last name Yan. After guests downed the wine, some experienced vomiting and impaired vision, South China Morning Post reported yesterday, Nov. 15, citing the county government.
When the wine was inspected, it was discovered that the methanol content was higher than the safe standard. Yan had used 95% …
Keep on reading: 5 die, 14 fall ill from homemade alcohol at wedding in China