Manila Bay road project to displace millions of Navotas, Cavite, Bataan informal settlers

in News

Updated November 15, 2019, 7:21 PM

By Minka Klaudia Tiangco 

Millions of informal settlers liv­ing in Navotas, Cavite, and Bataan, are expected to be displaced by a Manila Bay flood control and expressway project of the Depart­ment of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), a fisherfolk group said.

Fernando Hicap, national chair­man of Pambansang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamalakayang Pilipino (Pamalakaya), said hundreds of informal settlers are slowly being driven out of their homes from Navotas to Bataan, where the DPWH and San Miguel Corporation’s Ma­nila Bay Integrated Flood Control, Coastal Defense and Expressway Project will be constructed once the project get approval.

Hicap said he believes that the huge fire that razed a resi­dential area at the Navotas Fish Port Complex last month was the latest attempt at

The Manila Bulletin continues to flourish in the last 118 years with its partnerships with governments, businesses, shareholders, and varied stakeholders. It is the second oldest newspaper published in the Philippines and the second oldest English newspaper in the Far East.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*