MANILA, Philippines — No Filipinos were among the casualties in the deadly 5.9 magnitude earthquake that hit Iran Friday morning, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.
In a statement, the DFA said the Philippine Embassy in Tehran has contacted the Filipino community in Tabriz City to ascertain the safety and situation of around 32 Filipino nationals residing in the area.
READ: Iran 5.9 magnitude earthquake kills at least 5, injures 120
This after the quake in the East Azerbaijan province in Iran which reportedly killed at least five and injured 120 others.
“So far, there is no report of Filipinos among those affected by the deadly earth…
Keep on reading: No Filipinos hurt in deadly Iran quake – DFA